05 October, 2010

There's nothing quite like a good cliche.

When you find out something totally momentous, totally and utterly life-changing, does it not make you slow down? And sometimes, even get a little bit freaked out? Like, when I heard everything about 9/11 for the very first time, or when the Haiti Earthquake Death Toll and Richter Scale measurements were released? It made me stop, and stare; not to sound like a song, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Everything gets momentarily shut off from my mind, and I realise that everything is so fragile. I love everything in my world, from the idiotic teachers to the blissfully unsuspecting slags :) I wouldn't change anything, because it wouldn't feel right. Everything happens for a reason, and I understand that I'm just spouting numerous cliches unashamedly for the world to read, and yet I can't help but see some truth in it. If you lived every moment as your last, you would be running around, saying daft, spur-of-the-moment, guilt-induced manic thoughts to everyone that you hate and Great Auntie Paula whom you haven't seen for sixteen years. THAT would be a waste of a good day! When you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Make sure that it's something worth watching. It's too late to go back and change anything that you regret, but surely these events have shaped your character just a little bit more? I understand that horrible, life-changing occurrences can swipe down from the blue and not just tilt, or even push, but kick, grab, pummel, break, and forcefully evict your world away from its axis; and yet, these things mean that whatever happens in the past is paltry and pathetic in comparison, making it easier to deal with. Surf through life, because it's the biggest, craziest, maddest, best(est) wave you'll ever catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment