04 December, 2010

Taxes and other nonsense.

I don't know much about politics, just enough to know that Labour and Lib Dem are WRONG. Yeah, a lot of you might disagree but then again, no-one ever TWEETS AT ME, so I will neither know, nor care. At this current moment, I'm sat on the sofa, leaning sideways for some reason unbeknownst to me. In the background, Channel 4 News is on TV. There's just been a piece on students who are labouring under the illusion that the manager of Topshop (ooh. Original) is a tex evader. Somehow, this linked to the popular topic of richer people having to pay more tax. Let me just take a moment to let that sink in. Richer...people...need...to...pay...higher...taxes? Sorry, I think I must be a bit slow; you see, I don't understand how that works. If, for example, one of these studenty-types got rich suddenly and miraculously, they wouldn't think it was very fair. Hypocritical has a new meaning with these people. Rich people, OK, yes, most of them (the intelligent ones) WANTED to get rich. To be rich. It's hardly a chore, is it? To quote my infamous Fatha(aaaaa)r, I don't begrudge anyone their money, because the grass is always greener, and one day, hopefully you'll be in that position you so begrudge. But just because you're rich, doesn't make it fair to have to pay more money. If you are careful, if you pay attention, if you are wise, then it will make it a damn sight easier to become rich. Go on, you scruffy no-gooders, go and get clever, get some money, and stitch up that Godawful 'artfully' ripped clothing. Tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment