29 March, 2011

Love, crumble and sheep-bags.

At this random point in my life, close to the Easter holidays, and with nothing really very exciting happening (ooh, I lie- we do have the Royal Visit to officially open our school tomorrow. HRH the Countess of Wessex is coming to open it...not gonna lie, I AM excited...), I've recently made a host of new friends, rediscovered old ones in depth and generally immersed myself with everyone else. This sounds so shallow, but I never realised how interesting I see people on a regular basis can be! It's stupid, but the more I get to know someone, the more I see life and everything in it through different eyes...people, I'm learning. It's fantastic. First, there's the amazing Millie Stonebridge, a gorgeous person I met purely by chance by sharing an English class and a lot of friends over two and a half years. We clicked over one of my photos (oh yeah) and arranged a BIG sleepover. After that sleepover, we got on so well that we wanted another sleepover! So, I invited her to my house. And it was at that sleepover that I realised I could NOT let this girl go. I can't believe I've been so dense these past years and have missed this shining, fantastical example of human BRILLIANCE. My own ignorance astounds me. But hey...
Then there's James Howes; I knew of him, and I'd seen him around school before. He was a friend on Facebook, and I knew him well enough to know he was nice :) but then he came and accompanied a lot of other people to take on some random chavs outside Icelands after cshool one day (because that's how I spend MY time...) and that day, he made me laugh so much, I chatted to him on Facebook that night and over two weeks later, we've started to really get to know each-other. I feel happy, because James is so randomly funny and brilliant, eloquent and brutally witty at times. He shares my sense of humour ridiculously well and I love it! Spending time with him just makes me so happy :)
Next are Sam Prentice and Ceri Roberts. Even though these two glorious characters have been dancing at the corner of my mind for AT LEAST a good year and a half now, I suddenly feel about a mile closer to each of them in turn. I sit next to Sam in quite a few lessons nowadays, and we talk on the phone and Facebook, and we've developed a really close friendship. I feel like he's a brother, or a life-long friend who doesn't judge me, no matter what I say. I also feel like he's always there for me, and is willing to do whatever it takes. Even though this might not be true, it means a hella lot just to feel like it might be true...do you understand? I know what I'm trying to say, I think...
Last, but certainly not least, Mr. Andrew Coppock. Yeah, we had mutual friends and I added you because I'd heard nice stuff about you, like you were a really decent guy :) and I was right! Andy, ladies and gentlemen, is the total epiphany of human kindliness. He's an example of better things to come, and the fact that fighting DOES make you stronger sometimes. I've known him properly for less than a week and already I can tell that he's going to be such a good friend to me. I look past the repuatiuons and the rumours, because whatever he might be, Andy is real. ANd not only is he real, which in itsself means a lot in this day and age, but he's kind. He's clever, and funny. Witty, yet attentive. He's so finely-tuned to a person's emotions that whenever I'm talking to him I always have to make sure he's not stood beihnd me or something, or ia using any possibly trickery to get to my emotions.

There is no moral to this post, really. I'm not teaching anyone a lesson, or setting myself above the rest. Sometimes, simple things in life can make you truly happy, and these amazing people are a few shining examples. Basically guys, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

No comments:

Post a Comment