29 September, 2011

Full-on Mega Super Ultra Ranting POWER.

So there's a boy in my year (NEVER mentioning names in this thing, oh my God, never) who I've known for the past three years and at the beginning of those three years he seemed...elusive. Mysterious, charming and witty. And fantastically attractive, too. Now, three years on? Every fibre in my being detests his very existence every time I pass him. He does not have a single good word for me. It's all nasty comments, put-downs, mockery of my being in a lower Maths set then him, or not having his apparent sporting prowess...manifested by being loud and thrusting desperately forward for any hint of a team captaincy or a chance to BE IN CONTROL. He's also very attention seeking, ALWAYS talking/singing/shouting so loudly, it's enough to give anyone a headache. He doesn't walk; oh no, a walk is far too little for this ruffian, he chooses a swagger instead. Always. Flaunting his various achievements, gets a little boring after a while. So, you just tune out. And recently, I've discovered that actually, strip away the witticisms and all you're left with is a hollow, self-centered shell slowly caving in on itsself because that's how desperate it is to look at itsself all the time. I'm just so furious with him, every word that comes out of his mouth is either arrogant, perverted or insulting. After a while you just lose the humour. And it's for that reason that, not only do I feel a slight irritation, a mild anger towards this boy, but a huge, reckless, gut-twisting FURY every time I see him. I hope he ends up alone because, really? Companionship is too good for this boy. Say what you want about teenage testosterone poisoning, but he's far too clever to realise that there's a stereotype to conform to...this is all his own work. Kids, idolise this.

2 comments: