29 September, 2011

Perfection is a strange mistress.

Everyone wants it. Some think they have it. But no-one understands it. You listen to the people who tell you that they don't want a perfect life; they're lying.hey want a life full of arguments and hardships, to challenge Of course they do, we all do. They say to themselves, to be able to prove themselves. Well, that's what perfection obviously is to them. I can't but I'll try to define it; to me, perfection is what YOU want. No, not you in particular, lonely, Sri-Lankan man, not you little Latino woman, NOT YOU ENGLISH BOY! I mean EVERYONE. Everyone has some idea of what to do, or what to get to make them happy in their lifetime. So, that's perfection. I don't personally think life would be perfect without a few testy arguments, a few cross words...I think, given the good and the bad times, everyone wants perfection. And I love how no-one ever seems to achieve it; maybe they do...maybe they just don't know what to do with it.
Perfection, right now, for me is a blissfully tidy room, all my homework done, totally on course for A's and A*'s in my GCSE's (more about that later!), opportunities to visit the uni of my dreams, and no trouble from anyone. So, that's it. I hope that everyone sets themselves goals to get to their personal idea of perfection, because that's my raison d'etre, my reason for living. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment