05 April, 2012

Too long, some might say...

Most of you won't get the title (who even does?) but it's a link from my old friend's most recent post-title, to this one. And this friend and I fell apart, regrettably. A lot. We argued more than anyone I've ever known, and even when we weren't together, we still argued. Fire with fire? More like fire with petrol. It was fun at first but then it got too painful, and we both kept getting down because of it. So in the end we called it quits, but of course that didn't work...I mean, you can't walk away from petrol can you? The moment before the explosion, when everything gets static, before the ultimate WOOOOOOSH, taking away everything and cleaning it. Or burning it. Or both.
So we carried on. Until I got too down, and he got too angry, and we just stopped. We threw water over the relationship and walked away from the embers, because really? What else are you supposed to do with these two things that keep exploding in beautiful, dangerous, harmful ways? Drown it. Fight it with something that makes it stop working, aka water. And the water was the other dude, but he didn't know it yet. And it'll be cool when I stop regretting all the stupid stuff I've done to get to this point, but not yet. Nooooot just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment